Skin is the most delicate and visible organ. Our entire beauty is dependent on beauty and care of our skin. It is not only important to buy high-quality skincare products, but also there should be a particular order and technique of their usage. People often neglect the fact that to deal with our skin, we need a certain amount of subtlety. We apply skincare products abruptly and without any consideration. So, for having healthy skin, we need to set a skincare routine.
Here are some steps through we can achieve a healthy and effective skincare routine.
Morning Skincare Routine
The first step in setting a skincare routine is the morning routine. A skincare routine should be set according to the skin type. It is necessary to follow skincare processes for healthy skin.
- Our skin releases sebum and essential oils during the night. For dry skin, it is not necessary to wash skin with soap. It will wash-out the oils making your skin extremely dry. For oily skin, you can wash your skin with a light soap which has more basicity. Choose your soap according to your skin type and reading its properties so that it may not damage your skin. Then pat your skin gently with a towel.
- After washing your face, hydrate it with a light oil (olive oil, coconut oil or jojoba oil) or a hydrating serum. Hydration of the skin is necessary especially when you are having dry skin. Because eight to nine hours of sleep is a long period without water. That’s why your skin gets dry. After that drink a glass of water preferably with honey or lemon for detoxification.
- After the hydration, massage your skin gently with two fingers in a circular motion. Push your fingers by lifting the skin upwards. The routine of massage will prevent ageing.
- Apply different serums with antioxidant properties like vitamin C. These serums protect skin from attacks of free radicals thus prevent ageing and skin damage. Morning is a great time to apply serums. These will rejuvenate your skin throughout the day.
- Apply sunscreen before leaving home. It is really important to protect your skin from UV radiations because these cause inevitable damage to the skin. Reapply sunscreen after every two hours. Add sunscreen in your daily skincare routine.
In the AFTERNOON, it is necessary to wash for face and repeat these skincare steps.During the day, our skin encounters dust and external harsh environment. It is important to exfoliate the skin to ward off the dead skin cells. So, add an effective toner or exfoliator according to your skin type.
Night Skincare Routine
The night is an important time for skin rejuvenation. Night skincare routine is significant in deciding the health of your skin. Taking care of your skin at night also reduces ageing.
- Wash your face thoroughly with a good and effective soap according to your skin. After washing face, cleanse your face with a cleanser. If you don’t have cleanser you may use olive oil. Massage olive oil for 2 minutes on your face and then wash your face again.
- After than use toner, it solves particular problems of your skin and helps to return to a natural skin condition.
- Apply night serum on your face thoroughly. It will balance out the disturbed night routine and also hydrate effectively. They effectively reduce pigmentation, wrinkles, acne and redness.
- The skin around the eyes is very delicate and prone to damage. It is important to apply eye cream to prevent wrinkles and dark circles. The health of eye skin is inevitable, its really difficult to restore it.
- If you have acne spots then it is necessary to apply spot treatment on your face. It is important to remember that spot treatment would make your skin dry out.
- After the spot treatment, apply moisturizer thoroughly on your face. The best time to apply moisturizer is when it is damp. It helps to protect the skin from infections and bacteria serves as a protective layer for the skin.
- Retinols are important for your skin but don’t apply them before age of 25. Even after 25, make your skin habitual by apply retinol occasionally otherwise it will damage your skin inevitably.
Researchers say that timing for having the right skincare matters a lot. It is also important to follow the step with a particular sequence otherwise the skin would not be able to absorb the nutrients properly. Indifferent to the gender and age, skincare routine should be followed by all. Because the skin is the organ which protects you the most that is why it is also important to protect it as well.