Memory acts as a storage for all our life events and information. We memorize each and every moment in our memory. Brain memory consists of many neurons on which anything is stored. There are different types of memories. Some people have weak memories and they don’t remember things easily. On the other hand, some people possess a photographic memory. They remember each and every detail of events occurring in their lives. Our memory deteriorates with age because our neurons lose their elasticity. Whereas a child memorizes more rapidly and sharply than an adult, he has a good brain power. Good memory depends on the health and vitality of our brain. There are many factors by which our memory can get weak. In the following article you will read the ways to improve or sharpen the brain memory.
1. Brain Activities
Brain needs certain mental activities to remain activated and agitated. These activities also help to develop the neurons. Thus neurons become more effective in memorizing everything. With time the brain develops some positive changes which help to solve everything quite easily. Our ability to distinguish and resolve circumstances depends on velocity at which our neurons process that external stimuli. Different brain activities increase the efficiency and velocity of neurons even when neurons have lost the elasticity. So there is a great importance of brain activities in improving brain memory and concentration. These brain activities include interactive, challenging and complex games. Some common memory improving activities are as follows:
- Chess is a brain game which improves thinking ability in two areas. It increases fluid intelligence which is the ability to solve problems and processing speed.
- Puzzles are another way to sharpen the brain memory. Solving puzzles builds connections between brain cells thus enhances the memory and processing ability. Puzzles are especially effective in improving short term memory. It also increases visual-spatial reasoning. It is a mental workout which improves problem solving ability. Some Parents develop the habit of puzzle solving in their kids to improve their memory.
- For preventing and delaying memory decline, “Playing Cards” is an effective tool. Playing cards engages your brain and keeps thinking and memory abilities sharp. It protects our brain cells from dying and aging. Playing cards is also an effective game for brain development of disable people.
2. Physical Exercises
Besides doing brain exercises it is important to be physically active. Physical exercise sharpens memory and thinking. When we exercise, concentration of endorphins increases which help you to feel better. It also helps to concentrate better. Exercise stimulates the growth of new brain cells and prevents aging.
- Aerobic Exercises is any type of cardiovascular conditioning in which rate of your heart beat increases. It may include brisk walking, swimming, running or cycling. These exercises increase the supply of oxygen to each and every cell. This increases the size of the hippocampus which is involved in verbal memory and learning. Thus help to improve the brain memory by nourishing each and every neuron.
- Yoga is a great way to enhance and improve brain memory. It involves meditation and chanting. Yoga improves the visualization and thinking abilities of our brain. It helps to concentrate more and prevents aging of brain cells.
3. Maintain Your Sleep Cycle
Sleep is very important for proper body functioning. Particularly our brain functions efficiently when we are completing our desired sleep cycle. We need at least 8 hours of sleep every day. This point is also noticeable that night sleep has a different effect on our brain. At night certain radiations are released naturally from the surrounding which needs to be absorbed in our body. If we are not sleeping at night those beneficial radiations are not absorbed in our body. This gives birth to many mental and physical problems. Thus, a proper and sound sleep is important for improving our brain memory.
Besides the above mentioned ways it is important to eat healthy for healthy nourishment of our brain. Stay away from stress and depression as it weakens our neurons. Socialization with positive people will help us to develop our brain. Stay positive and spread positivity 🙂