A very popular drink today is green juice, green juice, detox juice, or green blood. This cocktail of nutrients is rich in vitamins and minerals and contains very few calories and carbohydrates.
This drink is a balanced combination of green fruits and vegetables (leafy greens). Everyone can consume green juices: children, adults, pregnant women, and even people with diabetes. Remember that if you have diabetes, you should consult your doctor every time you include or exclude foods from your daily diet.
Trust me; these detox drinks can change your life, improving your health and mood. We tell you everything in this article about green juice – benefits and what it is or. Do you dare to try it?
- Green juice benefits
- What is green juice for?
- Original green juice recipe
- Green juice for weight loss
Green juice benefits
According to many nutritionists, consuming green drinks complements the daily diet and contributes to the figure’s slimness. However, there are many properties of green juice that you may not be aware of, and below I list the most outstanding:
- You eat more vegetables. If your daily vegetable intake is low, drinking a few in several gulps makes it easier for you to consume them.
- You eat powerful antioxidants. Green juices stimulate the regeneration of cells in the body, thanks to their great contributions of antioxidants.
- You flush out toxins from the body. This type of drink helps eliminate toxins from the body as it cleanses the blood and removes dead cells, thanks to the mixture of plants that promote these functions.
- You digest food easily. This favors the purification of the body and helps your digestive system work properly.
- Nourish your body with vitamins like C, E, the carotenoids, or the flavonoids present in the vegetables with which the green juice is prepared.
- You get effective hydration. Green drinks provide a lot of the water that the body needs to be healthy but still, remember that water has no substitutes.
- You ingest chlorophyll, therapeutic for the body. This pigment protects your body because it improves your immune system, controls inflammation, increases red blood cells’ production, detoxifies the body, and reduces cholesterol, among other benefits.
What is green juice for?
The properties of green juice do much more for you than you think, as the drink is also used to:
- Oxygenate the body.
- Activate blood circulation.
- Destroy pathogenic bacteria such as fungi.
- Fight cancer cells.
- Provide natural energy to the body…
- Alkalize the blood.
- Strengthen the immune system.
- Develop concentration and memory.
- Provide abundant amounts of antioxidants.
- Control your appetite.
- Improve liver functions.
- Purify the body, eliminating toxins.
- Reduce fluid retention.
- Contribute to weight loss.
Original green juice recipe
There are many recipes for making detox drinks, and fruits and vegetables vary in all of them. However, there is something invariable: the formula, the basic elements that guarantee an original green drink. If you wonder what is in green juice, I suggest you check the ingredients below:
- A liquid foundation. Prepare a liquid base with a mild and semi-sweet flavor, thus reducing dark leafy vegetables’ intensity.
- Low sugar fruits. The ideal fruit for these juices is the green apple because it contains little sugar and wonderful nutrients. However, red apples, pears, grapefruits, oranges, kiwi, pomegranate, or any other seasonal fruit possess other beneficial qualities for certain specific needs.
- Dark leafy vegetables. The dark green leaves of vegetables are packed with nutrients and help detoxify the body.
- Some citrus fruit. Finally, it substantially improves the juice’s flavor if you add a citrus fruit when serving it. The favorite is the freshly squeezed lemon (half a lemon per glass), but they also serve lime, orange, or grapefruit. If the low-sugar fruit you used was grapefruit, orange, kiwi, or pomegranate, you could skip the use of citrus when serving. You’ll love it!
- Some spice. Some spices have certain ideal attributes for these juices—for example, cinnamon.
Tip: The green juice is taken immediately after finishing its preparation; only then can you take advantage of all its benefits.
Green juice for weight loss
If you are about to start a slimming diet, someone has already mentioned the benefits of consuming detox drinks to you. But … why do most green drinks lose weight? For four key reasons responsible for triggering other beneficial processes for weight loss. These key points are what influence green juice to lose weight :
- They purify the organism. They produce a diuretic action and improve intestinal transit. As a result, the body stays clean and does not retain fluids, which favors weight loss.
- They nourish the body. In any good slimming diet, staying nourished in the meantime is an essential part of the job. Nothing is achieved if you lose weight without health.
- They hydrate the body. Another important rule during a slimming diet is hydration, which influences proper cleansing and maintenance of the body.
- They produce satiety. By producing a feeling of fullness and satisfaction thanks to the fibers of vegetables and fruits. Why do they produce satiety? Due to the large number of fluids and nutrients they have.
How to make green juices?
If you wonder how to make green juices? It is very important to first inquire into the benefits of each particular juice and its ingredients separately. A green apple, cucumber, and kiwi juice is a good example of a slimming drink.
- Cucumber – The liquid base. This vegetable has abundant water; in fact, it is one of the vegetables with more water that exists. Produces hydration and satiety, important aspects to complement a successful diet.
- Green apple – The fruit low in sugars. This fruit has abundant water, which is why it hydrates and satisfies. On the other hand, it has little fructose and is low in calories, ideal for losing weight.
- Parsley- The dark green leaf. This plant is diuretic and cleansing and is also responsible for controlling cholesterol levels in the body.
- Ginger – The species. This species speeds up metabolism and provides energy. It is also a powerful fat burner and regulator of blood glucose.
- Kiwi – The citrus fruit. This antioxidant fruit has abundant proportions of vitamins A, C, and E. Its benefits include improving intestinal transit and its diuretic effect. Consequently, it is a magnificent cleanser of the body while at the same time keeping it hydrated due to its large percentage of water.
Tip: Do not use ginger if you suffer from ulcers, gastritis, colitis, or Crohn’s disease, among others.
If you liked the article Green juice – benefits, and what it is for, we suggest you enter our fitness category.